What is the Parents Fund?
A gift to the Parents Fund has a direct impact on College programs. Tuition income covers approximately 85 percent of College expenses. Gifts to the Parents Fund provide additional support so that College students can experience a challenging academic program taught by world-class faculty. The Parents Fund also enables the College to improve its facilities, provide activities that enhance student life, and offer financial aid to the very best students on a need-blind basis.
Parents Fund dollars help support such initiatives as:
- Financial Aid: The College Admissions Committee evaluates student applications without regard to financial need, and almost half of Chicago’s undergraduates receive some form of financial aid. Please visit the new Odyssey Program website to learn more about undergraduate financial aid.
- International Programs: The Study Abroad program has more than twenty different programs available to students. Please visit the Study Abroad website to learn more.
- Internship Opportunities: Career Advising and Planning Services (CAPS) assists with every step in the career development process. Please visit the CAPS website to learn more.
- Student Life: Students at Chicago have an opportunity to enhance their academic experience with exciting cocurricular activities. Please visit the Office of the Reynolds Club and Student Activities website to learn more.
Progress and Goals
Parent giving represents a sizable and important contribution to the University's philanthropic picture. Last year 2,533 parents made a gift to the Parents Fund. Please join your fellow UChicago parents in making a gift this year!
- Parents Fund Total Year to Date: $725,403 (as of 7/1/2013).
For more information on the Parents Fund, please contact the Parents Program at firstname.lastname@example.org.